- How much of your time is used productively? For one week, use your calendar to record activities for the week as if you were billing for them. Is there time that is wasted on unproductive activities, appointments or unnecessary “obligations”?
- Any activity or conversation that is important to your success and well-being should have a time assigned to it. Schedule appointments with yourself and create time blocks for high-priority thoughts, conversations, and actions. Make time for both career and personal time.
- Take time every day to schedule your day. Whether first thing in the morning or as you wrap up your day, plan your day to get the most of every moment!
- Take time before every call and task to decide what result you want to attain. Take time afterward to determine whether your desired result was achieved.
- Schedule a time each day to answer email and return phone calls. Do not instantly give people your time unless it is absolutely crucial in your business to offer an immediate response.
With a little planning, you CAN reclaim your time!